When Should I Consider Bankruptcy?
If you are tired of dealing with harassing creditor calls and letters, and if you are worried about your family’s financial security, aspects of bankruptcy such as chapter 7 & 13 can give you the opportunity you need to get your financial affairs back in order. With a legal professional to help you avoid missteps and take full advantage of this debt relief, you may be able to quickly reach a fresh start and begin rebuilding your credit.
If any of these describe your circumstances, bankruptcy may be a powerful financial solution:
- Facing foreclosure or eviction
- Behind on mortgage payments
- Behind on first and second mortgages
- Using one credit card to pay another
- Making minimum monthly payments
- Maxed out on credit cards
- Recently lost your job or had reduced hours