Top Signs That it's Time to Hire a Bankruptcy Lawyer
When it comes to dealing with stressful life events, overwhelming debt ranks right up there with moving, starting a new job, or having a baby. Even so, many people hesitate to hire a bankruptcy lawyer to help them eliminate their debts because they are convinced they can somehow manage on their own.
Eventually, the relentless collection calls, letters, wage garnishments, and other tactics that creditors use take their toll and those who are deep in debt start to consider bankruptcy. If this describes your situation, it's time to set your pride aside and honestly ask yourself the following questions:
- Have you made only the minimum payments on your credit cards several months in a row, despite doing everything you can to earn more income so you can make higher payments?
- Do you take cash advances from one credit card to make payments on another?
- Have you experienced a serious financial crisis that you don't have the resources to handle? Examples of this include a long hospital stay, losing your job, or losing assets in a divorce.
- Are you several months behind on your mortgage and the bank is threatening to foreclose on you? If you're a renter, have you received an eviction notice for not paying the rent?
- Are most or all of your credit cards maxed out?
- Do you frequently try to consolidate your debt, only to end up owing more than before?
Learn More About the Bankruptcy Process
Kovacs Law Office has offered hope to people in dire financial straits for many years. We encourage you to contact us to learn more about how bankruptcy works in Massachusetts and whether you qualify to file.